More than 40% of adult Australians do not have a will and more than 50% do not have an estate plan.
We understand that it’s challenging to think about what’s going to happen when you die, but as Benjamin Franklin said, "In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes." And, he was right.
Here at Next Generation Estate Planning Lawyers we’ve been helping people and their families protect their assets across generations for 15 years. We will help you through the process of identifying your estate, interpreting the detail of your assets and then guide you through a clear and proven process to create your estate plan.
So, look through our website and decide today to take the first step towards creating your own estate plan, which will give you peace of mind.
What is an estate plan?
An Estate plan is:-
- A plan and documentation of your wishes for the distribution of all assets you own or control following death;
- The transfer of your wealth to the next generation in the most financially beneficial way;
- The avoiding of family disputes about your estate and the emotional and financial costs of court cases;
- Giving the next generation flexibility and protection in their use of their inheritance.
Why have an estate plan?
- It protects your assets against unnecessary tax;
- It protects beneficiaries against bankruptcy, claims from creditors, and some family law disputes;
- It gives you peace of mind.
What assets do you need for an estate plan?
- The minimum assets needed are a home and superannuation because these days they can be very valuable.
- An estate plan is essential for a person who has a business, company, self-managed superannuation fund or discretionary trust.